Jewelry Care Guide
Caring for your Special Design
When it comes to your cherished jewelry, proper care is essential to maintain its beauty and sparkle. Whether you own a stunning diamond ring or a delicate gemstone necklace, following these jewelry care tips will help ensure that your pieces stay in looking their best for years to come.
1. Clean your jewelry regularly
Regular cleaning is crucial to remove dirt, oils, and other residues that can dull the shine of your jewelry.
Diamonds & Gemstones
For diamond and gemstone jewelry, create a gentle cleaning solution by mixing warm water with a few drops of mild dish soap. Soak your jewelry in the solution for a few minutes, then use a soft brush to gently scrub away any dirt. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
Gold & Platinum Jewelry
Gold jewelry can be cleaned using warm water and mild dish soap. Soak the jewelry for a few minutes, then gently scrub with a soft brush. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can damage the gold.
To clean silver jewelry, use a silver polishing cloth or a specialized silver cleaning solution. Gently rub the cloth or apply the solution to remove tarnish and restore the shine. Avoid using abrasive materials that can scratch the silver.
2. Take extra care with delicate gemstones
If you own jewelry with delicate gemstones such as opals, pearls, or emeralds, extra care is required. These gemstones are more susceptible to damage and require special attention. Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures, harsh chemicals, and direct sunlight.
3. Avoid exposing your jewelry to harsh chemicals
Chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, and harsh cleaning agents can damage the metal and gemstones in your jewelry. Remove your jewelry before swimming in pools or hot tubs, and avoid wearing it while cleaning or using any chemicals.
4. Store your jewelry properly
Proper storage is essential to prevent scratches and tangles. Keep your jewelry in separate compartments or use individual pouches to prevent them from rubbing against each other. It's also a good idea to store your jewelry in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Separate Your Jewelry
Store each piece of jewelry separately to prevent them from scratching each other. Use individual compartments in a jewelry box or wrap each piece in a soft cloth or tissue paper before storing.
Avoid Exposure to Moisture
Avoid storing your jewelry in humid areas such as bathrooms, as moisture can cause tarnish and damage. Store your jewelry in a dry, cool place to maintain its quality.
5. Avoid wearing jewelry during physical activities
Remove your jewelry before engaging in physical activities such as sports, exercise, or manual labor & other activities your precious piece can get damaged. This will help prevent accidental damage or loss of your precious pieces.
6. What to avoid to keep your precious piece beautiful for years to come!
- Do not use Ultrasonic cleaners on your piece/s. The strong vibrations can cause prongs to loosen & loose gems.
- Remove when doing something your precious piece could get damaged (such as working out, going to the gym, playing sports, using heavy equipment, gardening, cooking, cleaning, etc)
- Remove jewelry before bed so they don't accidentally get damaged (such as catching on clothes or sheets to loosen prongs or damage necklaces/bracelets, accidentally hit headboard or end table, etc).
- To prevent fading or discoloration of metals over time don't expose to chemicals (Examples: when cleaning, wearing it in a swimming pool/hot tub, using chemicals such as cleaners, detergents, hairspray, lotions & hand sanitizer)